vendredi 7 mars 2014

Sugamo (巣鴨)

How you don't know Sugamo? Sugamo is a district in the north of Tokyo. Ok I admit, this is not a very popular area, that's why it's interesting to talk about it here! :p I went to Sugamo with Yuuki (yes, him again XD), because every time we took the yamanote line and that was at the "Sugamo" station, Yuuki told me "This is the district for old people, we will have a house here in our retirement". Finally a day Yuuki went to Sugamo and told me "Sugamo is great, we need go there together!".おす♪ 行きましょう!


 A temple which I forgot the name. This statue reminds me of a Jizo/mushroom, new pokemon? haha.

 Sugamo is called "The Harajuku of grandmothers", I find the approximation rather amusing haha. In this photo it's the shopping street "Jizō-dōri".

 The "mode" here it's... red panties! Yes, yes xD In Oriental medicine it seems that the red worn at that point have the possibility of heat throughout the body, it also seems that in Japanese culture that give red things at a person helps to ward off evil spells. I think in summer people buy it more for the second reason, because we are already so hot! haha. There are "normal" size, but also the "grandmothers" sizes, ie parachutes, which goes up under the arms. So sexy haha.

The mascot of the neighborhood is a duck (named "Sugamon"). Not surprising given that Sugamo means "nest ducks".

A statue of monkey in a small temple. It makes me a little scared haha T_T haha. We can see on its base three wise monkeys who covers his ears, mouth, or eyes, I've already saw that on the stable of Nikko.

Garlands of 1000 cranes, it seems that if someone make 1000 origami of cranes he sees his wish come true.

Toden Arakawa, the last tram line in Tokyo. Station Sugamo-Shinden.

For end this day, Yuuki and I went to a karaoke (karaoke it's very popular in Japan... I don't really like that). I sang this song, Yuuki had the good idea to take a video of me and show this video to all his family... So shame T_T' Anyway, it was a very good day, I want back in Sugamo again!

4 commentaires:

  1. I have not known that Sugamo is called "Harajuku of Grandmother"...XD
    But that make sense haha
    I like Sugamo:)
    Sugamo obachan is very careful and kind:)

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. I know many things about Japan ne? héhé *ok urusai* haha! Oh, maybe I will have a apartment in Sugamo or Nezu if it's possible! ^_^

      Supprimer
    2. おー!
      I still have not been to "Nezu":3
      That sounds very nice place seen from TV show~:o

      I wanna go Nezu~~:1

      Supprimer
    3. Let's togetheeeeer! (or finally maybe I will have apartment in Yokohama because it's not so expensive.. aaah! I don't know! xD).
      Naoooo! If you do TV show about Nezu every people will come in my little paradise! xD
      Maybe next time I will write article about Nezu.

      Supprimer