samedi 15 mars 2014

Japanese food (日本の食べ物)

If you do not know it yet, I love to eat and discover new things! So Japan is truly paradise for me, I had never eaten Japanese food before going in Japan (even sushi!). When foreigners talking about Japanese Food, they think immediately to sushi, but Japanese food is not just sushi or fish, this is a very varied food,
and most often very good for health (ah but.. not always haha). I'm going to talk today about the Japanese food I've experienced when I was there!

I will begin with the Tonkotsu Ramen! There are several variety of ramen, but for me the best is the tonkotsu ramen. The broth is made with bone of pork (don't made ​​the grimace it's delicious!), with noodle (I prefer big noodle), and chashu (チャーシュー) this is pork roasts, and eggs cooked in soy sauce, few sheets of nori (dried seaweed), and in the ramen of the photo, some spinach! It's absolutely delicious, but against this is not very good for your health, it's very fat!

Now I will talk about donburi. The donburi is a big bowl of rice with a garnish. There are a lot of different variety. I'll start with my favorite, the Oyakodon! Oyako means "parents and children" because this dish is composed of egg and chicken.

 Yes I know, it seems disgusting, but actually it's so great!
In fact I do not know if the Salmondon is considered as a donburi or as a chirashi,
but I know it's delicious xD! It's composed of salmon (as the name suggests), and salmon eggs (イクラ ikura). The green sauce is of course wasabi.


Gyudon, composed of strips of beef with onions.


And for finish with donburi, the Unagidon! with grilled eel (this is a delicious fish). I ate it in a Japanese restaurant in Paris with my beloved Yusuke, thank you so much ♥ You know I like eat a lot XD


Yakitori means "grilled chicken". These are skewers made with different parts of the body of the chicken. We usually eat that in a izakaya (a sort of small restaurant where we eat while consuming alcohol).


 Udon are not totally a flat alone. The udons are big noodle that can be eaten in many different ways, hot or cold, with or without a broth. I love it! ^-^ My photo is a dish called "Bukkake Udon".


Soba are thin noodles made ​​of buckwheat flour. Such as Udon, they can be enjoyed hot or cold. This is not what I prefer to eat, but it's very good for health.
 Kake Soba, kind of soba served in a hot broth.

Zaru Soba it's a kind of cold soba, and need to soak in a small bowl of cold broth (called mentsuyu) before eating. On my photo soba are accompanied by two shrimp tempura.

Okonomiyaki is a Japanese dish composed of a dough who surrounds a number of vary ingredients cut into small pieces, the whole being baked on a hot plate. The main ingredients of okonomiyaki are, eggs and flour for dough, with "dashi" (kind of fish broth) and white cabbage. Other ingredients may be added later, if you want. After cooking the okonomiyaki is usually covered of mayonnaise, and of katsuobushi (fish shavings), and of aonori (small green algae).


The monja is a bit like okonomiyaki, but very more liquid! In appearance it looks a bit like vomit (sorry but it's true..! xD) but I prefer it that okonomiyaki! Especially with mentaiko (spicy eggs fish) and cheese! ^-^
If you want to eat the best monja of Tokyo, go to Tsukishima!

 Monja before preparation.

Monja after...  no I was not sick xD

Tonkatsu it's breaded pork accompanied of Worcestershire sauce, and with karashi (Japanese mustard). It is often served with sliced ​​cabbage, a bowl of rice and miso soup.


Umibudo (grape of the sea) is a feed from the Okinawa cooking (islands in the south of Japan). I love it! ^-^


Omurice it's fried rice with some vegetables and meat, surrounded by an omelette and usually covered with ketchup. I love it sooo much! XD Sorry on the photo it's plastic dishes (sampuru) in a restaurant window, but it is very similar to the real omurice.


Karee is Japanese curry. The curry sauce is thick and the degree of spice is more or less strong. This is the first Japanese dish I ate! This is a very easy dish to make at home. Just buy potatoes, carrots, onions, rice, meat (chicken or pork or beef),  and curry blocks! :p

 
Onigiri are like sandwich for Japanese people.These are very popular for picnic eg. They consist of rice, often wrapped with nori (seaweed), and the filling is very varied. I have a preference for those with salmon, or with mentaiko (spicy fish eggs), or with tuna/mayonnaise (Yuuki I miss onigiri tuna/mayonnaise that prepared your mother in the morning for me >_<!).





It is not finished yet, I'll finish this article another day. See you soon o/

2 commentaires:

  1. Wowww~~
    You are very good at taking picture and everything looks very oishisooooooo*o*

    Hahahahaha XD
    I like your creepy face when you are waiting monja!!!!XDDDDDDDD
    nice nice XD

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Yuukiiiii ♥ :D
      Thank you! It's because everything was oishii actually xD I need finish this article but I'm a little lazy now.
      Creepy face? Eh? Hidoi! XD

      Supprimer